To the editor,
Our hearts are broken and our eyes well with tears. Our little girl Flower passed away at 10:33 Monday night after fighting the effects of being poisoned. She was frightened, and there was nothing we could do to help her. Flower was our 6-month-old pure bred chocolate lab; she was full of life and a puppy at heart.
Was that your intention? Of course it was.
I wonder if you were at all concerned that there were four young children living there. Of course you weren’t.
I don’t know what our dog has done to upset you so, but I do know you have never approached me or my daughter in any fashion to express your concern. Instead, you took it upon yourself to attempt to kill the animal and maybe harm a child. What’s that, collateral damage?
What you actually did was allow a young family with four young children to watch their beloved pet vomit violently, become lethargic and extremely ill. Flower looked at my daughter with her big brown eyes as if to say, “What is happening to me I am frightened.” That was the last lucid moment Flower had in her short life; she was only 6-months-old. You also made it possible for those young children to watch their parents whisk this beautiful dog to the emergency vet not knowing what was going on.
You are a coward.
Did you know, that under state law it is illegal to poison an animal, whether a pet or farm animal. The State Department of Agricultural can investigate complaints pertaining to poisonings and can assess administrative or criminal penalties against violators if found guilty.
I have a suggestion for you. At your next family dinner or gathering, when you are pretending to be an upstanding, kind person, please share with your children or grandchildren the story about the day you gathered up all your courage and laced your enemy, a pet dog, with poison, and then ran away under the cover of dark.
Thanks for reading!
Read more in this week's print edition.Subscribe Today!