Letters to the editor
A quiz about modern day USA:
1. What is as high as an elephant’s eye?
2. Who sang You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Hound Dog?
3. What two things sadly fell down when hit by two airplanes?
4. Where is the Golden Gate?
5. Who said ask not what your country can do for you?
6. What is the name of Dorothy’s dog in the Wizard of Oz?
7. Who said I’ve been thinking about blowing up the White House?
8. What lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee?
9. What is happening mostly in the western states that rhymes with Ralph?
10. What weapon do some people want to take Plum away? Here are some clues: lead pipe, candlestick, poison, wrench, knife, rope, gun.
11. Where is Morning Glory Pond or Pool?
12. Who said the USSR was evil and tear down this wall?
13. What crop grows down in Louisiana just about a mile from the Tex-Ark-Cana?
14. Who recorded and sang God Bless America?
15. What is a good thing to do Nov. 9, 2022 and 2024?
16. Who was the leading lady in The River Of No Return?
17. What is brown and can be boiled, baked or fried? Some are red.
18. What state borders six other states and one nation?
19. What Idaho county rhymes with flower?
20. What is the best city by a dam site?
This is America.
(Answers to Quiz) 1 Corn; 2 Elvis Presley; 3 Twin Towers; 4 San Francisco; 5 JFK; 6 Toto; 7 Madonna; 8 Puff the Magic Dragon; 9 Drought; 10 gun; 11 Yellowstone National Park; 12 Ronald Reagan; 13 Cotton; 14 Kate Smith; 15 Vote; 16 Marilyn Monroe; 17 Potato; 18 Idaho; 19 Power; 20 American Falls. 21 Name your ancestor who came to America! Or maybe it’s you.
Thanks for reading!
Read more in this week's print edition.Subscribe Today!